Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cat Trek -- Episode 3, We're Out!

The turbolift opened as I came prancing onto the bridge. "Whats going on?" I asked ChevIs. "Ion storms just popped up everywhere! This nebula has gone crazy!!" He looked at me with worry as he moved out of the captains chair. I hopped up and looked out the viewscreen. "Ensign, get us out of here!" I shouted at Ensign Yahjev (pronounced yah-gehv) he began taking us out of the dangerous nebula as fast as he could. I dug my claws into the soft leather of the captains chair, as the ship rocked from the lightning-like objects stung the shields. "Shields at 85 %!" ChevIs said, repeatedly checking his readings. "How close are we to out?" I asked, eyes fixed on the storm. "Not very..." Yahj replied. You could tell he was concentrating hard.

One incredibly strong bolt sent the unexpcting bridge crew flying. I crashed into the bulkhead, and ChevIs almost squished me!! No doubt, I certainly had a mouthful of fluffy black Kling-cat tail! Korvik, poor guy, went flying into Ensign Breghs control panel, and Bregh? She landed on her head near Korviks station. Lt. Nikana was sliding across the floor, and her twin, Lt. Nikita was stuck to the ceiling. What a pitiful sight we were.

However, only for a second or two. The next, everyone scrambled to there feet, I spit out ChevIs fur, and Nikana was helping her sister down from the ceiling. Some cats claws are like velcro. "Shields are gone!" Breghs said. "Switching to emergency power. Weapons are down, life support at 50%, deck 9 & 10 have minor hull breaches, containing those with force fields, no one was there at the time . . ." as she continued running through the report, Yahj began moving us away again. He was a fairly skilled pilot, but got caught off-guard every now and then, but he was learning. I was beginning to see the darkness of space! We were getting closer!

Just as we got into space, our set of starboard necelles were hit. "BA-BOOM!!!!!!" We felt that one, for sure!! So much for warp drive. With our starboard set of necelles, we were sitting ducks. "Captain," Korvik started. "We're being hailed by the other starship." We barely had life support, let alone the weopons and shields needed to take on another starship! "On screen," I said. "Lets see if we can negotiate our way out of this." In that moment, no one on the bridge of the Enterclaws breathed.

4 comments:

Deb said...

"Some cats claws are like velcro."

Isn't that the truth!

*Mom says- Ow! I know!!*

This is very good, Chey. You have quite a story to tell. Love it!

Cheyanne & Tiffany said...

Heehee!

Thanks Soph! :D

PhDilettante said...

What's a necelle?

Ahem,
from the uninformed.

Cheyanne & Tiffany said...

Necelles are the long things along the side of the ship!! Makes the ship go, I guess! Has something to do with the warp core!